A Walk through History

The Dominican Sisters of Adrian, Michigan, are part of the worldwide Order of Preachers established in 1216 by Saint Dominic. Our foremothers came from Holy Cross Convent in Regensburg, Bavaria, a Dominican monastery established in 1233 with a lineage that traces back to the first monastery established by Dominic—in 1206 in southern France, for women.

To learn more about a particular time or event in our history, click on a date or image.

This is the story of a group of ordinary women gifted with extraordinary courage and radiant faith as they traverse a still unfolding course passing from the Old World to the New. Into a beckoning future hinted at but hidden still they journey on, responsive to the call of their Dominican vocation: to contemplate and give to others the fruits of contemplation.
--Noreen McKeough, OP.